For most foreigners, you need a visa before visiting China (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_the_People's_Republic_of_China). An easy way to do it is to apply for a tourist visa.
If for reasons you need a business visa or other types of visa, you should write to us for an appropriate invitation letter (see detailed information below). Please note that it is the conference attendee's responsibility to obtain an appropriate visa on time.
The conference organizers would provide assistances (such as letters of invitation) and suggestions during the process however please understand we are not associated with any visa office or agency and have no control of the outcome of the visa application process.
Applicants should initiate the process as early in their travel plans as possible, adequate time (> 1.5 month) should be allowed for processing visa applications.
You may apply for a tourist visa of China all by yourself. Such visa is issued to foreigners for sightseeing and visiting relatives or any other personal affairs, it is marked with ¡°L¡±. Visa L is characterized by a short duration of stay, usually 30 days, no more than 90 days, and could not be extended upon expiration (as of Spring 2011, it is possible to do an extension while in China, however the procedure is complicated and the renewal is subject to approval). You can come to the Chinese Embassies, Consulates and other Chinese diplomatic missions to submit application in person; if you can't come personally, you can entrust someone else, a travel agency or a visa agency to act on your behalf. Applications by mailing are not acceptable and will be refused at most of Chinese embassies or consulates. No appointment is required.
In the following, we provide some useful links for you to prepare the required documentations in certain countries. Please refer to the following webpages of Chinese Embassies or Consulates in your country to learn the procedure:
1. Embassy of the People¡¯s Republic of China in the United States of America http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/hzqz/zgqz/t84246.htm
2. Embassy of the People¡¯s Republic of China in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
3. Embassy of the People¡¯s Republic of China in Switzerland
4. Botschaft der Volksrepublik China in der Bundesrepublik Deutschland
5. Ambassade de la Republique Populaire de Chine en Republique Francaise http://fr.chineseembassy.org/fra/zgzfg/zgsg/lsb/qzyw/
6. Embassy of the People¡¯s Republic of China in the Republic of Italy http://it.chineseembassy.org/ita/lqgz/
7. Embassy of the People¡¯s Republic of China in Japan
8. Chinese Visa Application Service Center
Letters of Invitation
If you require a letter of invitation in order to attend the conference, please send the request to us as soon as possible.
Visa Notification Form
If you require the Visa Notification Form in order to apply for Business Visa (F Visa), please prepare the following information:
Expiration date of the passport
Profession and title
Expected date of arrival in China
Expected date of departure
The embassy or consulate of China where you apply for visa
The same information is required for your accompany person(s), please indicate the relationship with your accompany person(s)
Please collect all the information mentioned above, and send to email@example.com.